As a Korean, I’m used to enjoying spicy dishes and Thai cuisine is one of my ultimate favorite.
Larb Gai – known as spicy chicken salad – is a simple and easy dish you can make at home.
Minced chicken, red onion, spring onion, coriander, cucumber, lettuce, fish sauce, chilly powder, lemon, rice
- Stir fry minced chicken without oil. Use some water if it sticks to a pan.
- When all cooked, put it aside.
- Dice up red onions, spring onions and coriander.
- Toast rice on a pan until they turn brown color.
- Pound the toasted rice in a mortar until they are finely ground.
- Pour all the prepared ingredients into a large bowl and mix all up.
- Add fish sauce, lemon, chilly powder for seasoning.
- Serve on a plate with steam rice and fresh vegetables like cucumber and lettuce.
Here is my Youtube video showing you how to make Larb Gai that is easy to follow. I’ve tried this dish in many different places including in Thailand and this is a simpler version that still retains the flavor I enjoy.